COVID-19 Risk Assessments
Westmorland Homecare Statement
We are keeping fully abreast of developments related to COVID19. This is an unprecedented time and we want to be able to support you and your family during this very difficult time.
Westmorland Homecare are working very closely with Public Health England, and the Department of Health & Social Care. Guidance and protocols are changing on almost a daily basis.
We are working hard to ensure a secure supply chain of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during this crisis, which has been proving a challenge. We have been extremely thankful to some local suppliers, and we are working at national level to ensure secure supply, keeping you safe at home.
At Home During COVID19
We understand that it is a very difficult time for many of our community who live on their own.
We offer a free phone check-in service – if this is something you would be interested in please call our office.
Our staff are a lifeline for many of the community, and we take this extremely seriously. During this time of national crisis we have changed our office working to ensure we support for you and your family at any time of day.
Advice for prevention of COVID19
You can help to prevent the spread of any respiratory outbreak by doing the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin straight away, or sneeze into the bend of your elbow, then wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with persons who have respiratory illness symptoms.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you are unwell, stay at home and contact the 111 Coronavirus helpline
Useful links for further up to date information
- Gov.uk – Action Plan
- World Health Organisation
- For comprehensive information about COVID-19, please visit:
- Easy read downloads on government rule to stay at home and self-
We will keep staff and clients abreast of what we are doing to keep you safe. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Kelly, our dedicated COVID19 coordinator, will be very happy to help with any information required.
This is a challenging time for us all we are here to help keep you safe in your own home. Should you require any further information please do just pick up the phone.