OPPORTUNITIES & PROGRESSION
Qualifications, training courses, monthly updates, distance learning, specialist training
We believe that a career in care is something to be really proud of. Our ethos of supporting everyone to achieve all that they can be, through learning and development ensures that real progression is possible within Westmorland Homecare.
We have two dedicated and passionate in-house trainers who are on hand with any information about training needs or they are ready to set up relevant client focussed training.
In your first week with Westmorland Homecare you will complete the care certificate, this is focussed around every aspect of care and gives you the background knowledge you need in order to be able to put those skills into practice within your role.
This training is very interactive and encourages everyone (new and experienced home care assistants) to share ideas, experiences and knowledge about the topics being taught. From then on, all home care assistants have the opportunity and are invited to monthly Continued Professional Development (CPD) training sessions.
These sessions can be anything from catheter care, nutritional support for clients, or something completed focussed to a team of home care assistant for a particular clients’ needs.
Looking after and supporting staff is so important to us,
- Work for a company who care about YOU
- Guaranteed hours each month for full and part time HCAs
- Two weekly rotas with the same days off each week – long weekend off every other weekend
- Personality matched HCA’s and clients
- Paid mileage and travelling time between clients
- Work close to home in your local area
- Excellent ongoing support from your HCA team, office staff and managers
- Average pay of £14.50 – £15.00 per hour for all HCAs
- Double pay on bank holidays
- Regular staff get togethers – nights out, meals out and day trips
- Long service awards for staff including weekends away, theatre tickets and hot air balloon rides
- Opportunity for progression and monthly training sessions
- Training held in your area to minimise driving to the office
- Refer a friend scheme
- Company pension scheme
- 1 week FREE Care Certificate training with our in-house training coordinators
- Work for an OUTSTANDING CQC Rated care provider
- No uniform just smart casual dress code and all PPE is provided
- Lots of support and shadowing where you will meet your clients alongside an experienced member of staff before you work independently
Our career path is clearly mapped out, but your journey is unique to you.
- HCA – 4
- Senior HCA – 5
- Specialist – 6
- Practitioner – 7 (different to NVQ)
- Care Coordinator
- Senior Care Coordinator
- Assistant Care Manager